The Importance Of A Home
I’m sitting outside in my yard drinking a cup of coffee. I look at the trees and see them dancing to the tune of a Sunday breeze. The sun, not wanting to impose, caresses the pink flowers standing guard behind my Buddha fountain. It is a lovely crisp day.
I always refer to my house as my “Tara”. In the classic film “Gone With The Wind” Scarlett O’Hara drew her strength from her plantation, Tara. I’m sure, as it is with me, it wasn’t the structure of the house or its riches that made Scarlett endure anything and everything to save her house. It was, as it is with me, because her house was her home.
A home can be a studio apartment or a mansion.
It truly has no relationship with money as many feel alone in a mansion and others fulfilled in a simple small environment. Feeling home is not physical it is emotional as a home comforts, soothes and protects.
Make the time to turn your house into a home. Without a home there is no resting place. Without a home going out into the world becomes a mammoth effort. Find what makes you smile and surround yourself with those things. And if you live alone – like I do – don’t fret, a home is where you dream.
Below are a few quotes I found around the web which pertain to making a home.
1) Home is where the heart is
2) Home Sweet Home
3) You can travel the world to search for what you need, but when you return home, you’ll find it
4) There’s no place like home
5) You can buy a house but you have to make it a home
6) A home is not defined by its structure but by the people who fill it
7) A person who hopes to change the world must begin at home
8) It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.
9) There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.
10 ) Home, the spot of earth supremely blest, A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest.