A Home Is A Home Is A Home
A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body – Benjamin Franklin
As we approach the end of the year and things are quieting down I too take my days in with less hurry. As I do, I’m brought back to how much my home is important to me, and how much a home is important to anyone.
In the classic film “Gone With The Wind” Scarlett O’Hara drew her strength from her plantation, Tara. I’m sure it was not the structure of the house or its riches that made Scarlett endure anything and everything to save her house. It was because her house was her home.
A home can be a studio apartment or a mansion.
It truly has no relationship with money. Many feel alone in a mansion while others fulfilled in a simple small apartment. Feeling home is not physical, it is emotional. A home comforts, soothes and protects.
Make the time to turn your house into a home. Without a home one does not have a resting place to energize and let go.
Find what makes you smile and surround yourself with those things. Find what inspires you. Make your home be a reflection of you.
From the web:
1) Home is where the heart is.
2) Home Sweet Home.
3) You can travel the world to search for what you need, but when you return home, you’ll find it.
4) There’s no place like home.
5) You can buy a house but you have to make it a home.
6) A home is not defined by its structure but by the people who fill it.
7) A person who hopes to change the world must begin at home.
8) It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.
9) There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.
10) Home, the spot of earth supremely blest, A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest.